Chnging default focl length Canon Powershot...

Just dug out the Powershot S70 I bought a while ago and never used due to my love of film. Decided I am

sick of paying a fortute to process all my neg so going to give it another try....

Does anyone know if I can customise the camera so it defaults to equivalent of focal length of 35mm upon

startup?

Guy, I can't answer your question, but I offer this suggestion for the future. If you are able to,

buy a DSLR camera with the fixed length that will bring you to 35mm. If expenses are

important to you at that time, look over the higher-end-rated cameras and lenses at KEH,

the giant, used cameras, etc., store. They will also buy your S70 if you care to sell it or in this

case, it would be part of a trade. If you do this, it will allow you to later expand your system

with additional lenses, too. Good luck.

--Roger

Put the camera in your most common shooting mode like Tv. Set the functions like you will use them such as focal length. Them turn the camera to C from Tv and save the settings.

Whenever the camera is turned to C, the saved focal lenth will return there automatically. If subsequently moved to a different shooting mode the focal length will not change but may be overridden.

Consult the instruction book for detail on Custom settings for exact details.

<<Them turn the camera to C from Tv and save the settings.>>

Actually, per the manual (as you point out to reference) you need to first save the settings, /then/ turn to C. Otherwise, turning to C before saving the settings would (obviously) change the camera to the default value of C, thus losing all the settings you just set.