Charged!

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by johnrobertmiller, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was automatically charged for a renewal without notification, and CHARGED WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. I want my credit card deleted from your account, and I want the unauthorized charge reversed. I also want my membership in Photo.net cancelled. I do want this kind of membership at all.

All I can find is my account was I charged and there is no way to cancel it at all. This is no way to run a site at all.

Please let me know when this was done!

2. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

Investigating - will DM you.

3. My CC was also charged automatically $29.95 - an unauthorized charge. Please investigate ASAP.

4. G-P

will investigate and DM you, & post findings here

5. G-P

Refunded the charge - it appears as though your account was set up for auto-renewal.

6. Would it be advised, and could it save everyone some hassle, to notify users that their account is about to auto renew, giving them a clear and simple option to agree or cancel and to update, change or delete payment info?

7. G-P

there is a renewal email that goes out, but like most automated emails they generally don't go to the primary folder. Gmail (for example) automatically segments your emails by primary, social, promotion, updates - and if it thinks its spam...there is another folder for that.

8. G-P

BTW - in this case - he wanted auto renewal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.