Can't stop the flickering

wogears

Update. It stopped again, but the address bar is giving me a message "This page is trying to load scripts for unauthenticated sources".

EDIT: Adblock has reported 30 blocked ads on this page.

What page? We no longer accept ads from networks, only those that have bought ads from us directly and there is no page that has 30 tags on it.

What page? We no longer accept ads from networks, only those that have bought ads from us directly and there is no page that has 30 tags on it.

Yeah, that surprised me as well. I could have a compromised browser, but I'm not sure how that would affect only the forums on one site. The page referred to above is this very forum. I do clean out the cache on a regular basis.

Glen, pages make multiple GET/POST network calls to deployads.com, likely you are using Sortable as your ad content delivery system. Less than a half dozen per load.

If wogears has the infamous 'page reload loop' issue these will likely appear in larger numbers in an ad blocker. Additionally, some blockers make no distinction between CDN traffic from an ad server or simple analytics queries. It's based on the domain making the call.

Wogears, have you tried logging out and then back in? This is what many of us are having to do in order to stop refresh looping behaviors.

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

hmmm - deployads.com should not be on the site - let me talk to the guys again - it is entirely possible they missed an ad tag - we should be free of network ads and that is exactly what deployads.com is.

Update: After fighting for a while to get my Win 10 system to update to the latest Fall Creators version, and finally succeeding, I am using MS Edge as default browser, and the problem appears to be gone. I don't like Edge as well as I like Chrome, but I do still retain some loyalty to PN.

If you go back to Chrome & Firefox, it is still there. I had to use Edge for over a month as it was the only browser that did not give me errors when trying to upload.

Edge reminds me in many ways of the Tor (a FF derivative) Browser. Stripped and clean--not any features or ability to add them. In Tor, this is by design for it's anonymity/security purposes. In Edge because it is half-baked... o_O

Edited by PapaTango

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

I shouldn't have to use another browser to access photo.net. I use Chrome for everything and I'm not going to continue to fight with this because the site administrators cannot get their acts together. I have installed Ad Blocker, to no avail here. I have disabled sandboxed plugins, I have whitelisted photo.net for sandbox plug ins, and I have tried every extension and setting I can think of. No help.

Someone from photo.net can email me when this is fixed. Until then, I won't be back.