canon speedlite 200

<p>I have not been able to find much information on Canon's first electronic flash units. Speedlites 100 and 200 are listed in the Canon FT owners manual dated January 1965. A later (last?) edition of the FT manual dated January 1971 lists Speedlites 102 and 200. Canon's brochure for the original F-1, dated November 1970, shows the Speedlite 102 but not the Speedlite 200. From this sparse information, I would guess that the Speedlite 100 was introduced around 1965 and replaced by the Speedlite 102 in 1970 or 1971. The Speedlite 200 was introduced around 1965 and discontinued around 1971.</p>

<p>I have a working Speedlite 100 and a non-working Speedlite 200 in my collection. The Speedlite 200 has the original case, camera bracket and PC cord. However, I have not been able to locate copies of the owners manuals for either unit.</p>

<p>Of course, the Speedlite 200E is a much later unit. The "E" suffix refers to the Canon EOS generation which began in 1987 with the Canon EOS 650.</p>

<p>Thanks Gordon,you are like me.<br>

My canon speedlite 200 have the original zippered deluxe leather case with carrying strap made by canon and one transformer 115.-.240v and the cable,the unit 200 have also the pc cord and works well,the passed stamp says:JC II 63,(1963 maybe?).Is also listed in my camera manuals FT and Pellix.It haven't any s/nº or anything else.I have a old canon paper says:<br>

Reflector composed of 14 folding and locking blades<br>

Connector cord with standard asa bayonet and modified tip (two tips)<br>