Canon rebate

graskett

I would check ebay and craigs list. There are still lot's of people buying the 5D with this lens as a combo and selling the lens because they already have it or have that focal length covered already. They are getting this $1300 lens for about $700 in the combo so you may see a new one for around $900 check it out.

http://catalog.ebay.com/Canon-24-105mm-f-4L-IS-USM-EF-Lens_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_fifptsZ1QQ_pidZ48608028QQ_tabZ2

I'd expect to see a rebate program start up here in the US in april or May. Nobody knows which lenses or bodies will be included. It's not even certain there will be an April/May/June rebate this year, but there has been one in previous years.

It's rebates all year 'round, practically. Canon extened the 1/31 expiration date of its last rebate to mid-February, and then Europe saw a rebate program start in March and extending through June.

In the 2005 and 2006 in the US, Canon started its rebated in April. (I don't remember when the rebates took place last year.)

Check Henry's. I can confirm the Canadian rebate runs March 15th through June 30th, with $200 off the 5D, $100 off the 40D and $50-100 off some lenses. Buy two items, get double the rebate. (All in Candian $ of course). <a href="http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/rebates.html"> LINK </a>

<p>

No word on a USA rebate yet, but with the dollar taking a dive against every other currency on the planet and hitting a 15 year low against the Yen ($1 = 99 Yen as of yesterday, which is about 20% down compared to last year at this time) I doubt that we will be seeing any super generous US rebates. The Canadian Dollar hasn't been doing much better though, so perhaps we will see something after all.

Thanks Bob. It seems we are not getting the sweet rebates back on this offer like last. I think I will get the 300 2.8 and 180 macro this time around though. Last rebate I got 700.00 dollars back on my 5D. An incrediable camera for 1800.00 after rebate.

CHEERS,

Jeff

• 5 weeks later...