canon pellix

paulo_trindade

<p>I can't speak directly about the non-QL version. But on the QL, yes, you can. Before mounting the FD lens, just <em>be sure</em> that the aperture ring on the lens is NOT set to the green circle! If you force the lens onto the mount when it is set for automatic operation, it will be damaged.</p>

<p>You will of course need to use stopped-dowm metering, just like with your FL lens, but any FD lens will work.</p>

<p>I don't believe there will be any difference with the non-QL version, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. There could be some compatibility issue with the earlier body.</p>

<p>My understanding agrees with Alan's. In fact, <em>any</em> Canon FD lens will work on <em>any</em> Canon FL mount body. This includes the breech lock lenses as well as the New FD lenses The automatic diaphragm will be fully functional as well as stop-down metering on any body that has TTL metering.</p>

<p>The only difference in compatibility that I am aware of between the original Pellix and the QL version is that the Canon Booster Meter will not work on the original Pellix. The Booster was introduced with the Pellix QL and the FT QL. In addition to its QL feature, the Pellix QL's lever for stopping down the lens and turning on the meter is larger and can be locked in the stopped down position.</p>