Canon Mirrorless Platform

JDMvW

Probably not a enough "Canon" related PN traffic to support a new Canon forum for mirrorless, but a renamed EOS forum makes sense. Back in the days of old when Phillip ran this site, it was very much EOS centric. Currently there are about 200 replies/comments on the recent Nikon Z teasers and announcements in the past 2 weeks and complete silence when Canon actually introduced the R3 (with a stacked sensor and updated eye controlled focus!). Edited by Ken Katz

The only Canon Mirrorless I would be interested in is the R5. But for me I don't really need a new camera and the the price is more than I am willing to pay for my 5D MK IV replacement. I will say i would love to shoot with a R5 but at almost 63 and pretty much retired in the era of Covid and not having any paying photo gigs at this time, I am not spending more money on gear at this time. I have a 5D MK IV and an A7RIII with Metabones 5 that will allow me to use all my Canon lenses and shoot at 42 Megapixels. The 5D MK IV is still my goto camera, the A7RIII only gets pulled out as a second camera on rare occasion. Used it on a wedding in 2019. And maybe a hand full of times since.

The R6 is too much of a step down in my opinion to consider in my personal opinion, even as nice of a camera as it probably is. I used a 6D for a couple years, and for me it is like that, just missing some of the pro features i like. Not saying it didn't take nice photos.

There just came a time I refuse to deplete my bank account on new gear acquisition. I will still enjoy seeing what others are shooting with their new Canon Mirrorless cameras.

I was intrigued to see the Nikon Zfc cameras retro film era looking cameras. Guess it all comes around in a big circle, what was old becomes new again in a sense. DSLRs will become the next big thing down the road again. lol.

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 2
Cheers, Mark

By the way, is it time to delete the EOS off the name of this forum? Jes' askin'

I believe the mirrorless are still EOS R, EOS R5...thought I saw them written that way in the article you linked to. But if I am wrong my only defense is I just woke up and have not had coffee yet.

BTW thanks for posting this link.

Cheers, Mark

Well, Nikon has somehow managed to accept their SLR cameras into one forum. There's no "pre-AI" forum and no Nikon AI forum, etc.

That's what I meant.

Too many Canon forums for the traffic, eh?

Lump it all together!!! o_O

• Like 3