Canon F-1 with Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro Lens

lafon

Hello,

This is a very nice Canon F-1 35mm film camera that comes with a excellent Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 1:1 macro lens.

This Canon F-1 has a nice used patina with some scuffs, scratches, brassing on the edges of the body and finder, and some small dings, but nothing that would affect functionality of the camera. The finder is clean and clear, with no signs of haze or fungus. I did not get around to testing this camera with film, and took the previous owner at his word that it was working properly. Since I purchased the camera, I had a new set of top quality light seals and a mirror cushion installed, and the light meter was checked and the switch contacts cleaned. The meter appears to work well, and the readings coincide closely with my Voigtlander VC light meter. There is a fresh zinc-air battery installed, and a new spare battery will also be included. The shutter speeds seem to be working fine gauging by sight and sound of the mechanism. The film advance works smoothly, and the film counter indicates properly. The entire camera is very clean inside and out, and comes from a smoke free home.

The Vivitar 55mm, 2.8 lens is in excellent condition. This lens is in Canon FD mount. The exterior shows some signs of use, but it looks wonderful overall. The rubber focus ring is also in very nice shape on this one, which is hard to find in this condition. The glass has no scratches or damage, but looking close I can see some light dust and what may be a bit of light haze inside near the periphery of the glass. No fungus detected. I used this lens often on an E-M1, and on my Canon A-1 film camera, and my own tests and comparisons reveal it to be every bit as sharp as the Olympus 60mm 2.8 macro, or the new 7-Artisans 60mm 2.8 macro, although the vivitar renders a slightly warmer image. Read the reviews on this lens and you'll find it to be praised as one of the better vintage macros for mirrorless cameras. It goes to 1:1 magnification without an extension tube. The focus on this one feels a little heavily damped, but is very smooth. The aperture works precisely, and I see no signs of oil or anything on the blades. No adapter is included, but I use and recommend a K&F Concepts adapter with this lens if you want one. This lens includes the hard to find original metal lens cap, and a rear cap.

I am asking $200 for the camera and lens together as a set, and includes Priority Mail or FedEx ground shipping in the USA and the PayPal fee.

I will package this very carefully, and I will mail it out quickly for you.

If I can help with any questions, please let me know.

Thank you

smiley.gif

abd-1.jpg

abd-2.jpg

abd-3.jpg

abd-4.jpg

abd-5.jpg

aaabg-10.jpg

aaabg-11.jpg

aaabg-12.jpg

aaabg-13.jpg

aaabg-14.jpg