canon 5D I

jomeer

Hello

Can anyone sit is possible say if it is possible to save pictures in playback mode that have been zoomed in using the selector (enlarge button).

It would be very useful if I could edit (crop) on the fly instead of doing it all off camera using software on my PC.

Thanks

I'm can't finf anything on the internet about in-camera cropping on a 5D 1 (which I don't have).

There's a Canon article here about in-camera cropping on a rebel that might help.

I came across this interesting video on Youtube about using a smartphone to load, edit and share photos online. There are many photo editing apps. Photoshop Express is one and (after registering with Adobe) free to use. You'll need a SD-card reader for your mobile phone.

I generally like seeing my photos on a big screen and using Lightroom to 'tweak' my RAW images. But this solution looks ideal in situations where amateurs (without a Wifi-enabled camera) want to quickly share ''good enough" photos on the spot.To clients or just on social media.

Edited by mikemorrell

"if it is possible to save pictures in playback mode that have been zoomed in using the selector (enlarge button)."

I haven't heard of any camera that can do this, although some cameras allow you to Crop the image and save it as a copy of the original.

Thanks Mike and hj. I was reasonably sure on camera cropping was not possible. I wonder why they allow zoom and selector without editing? I suppose to see if the image is sharp? I will look at the phone suite suggestion - it may be useful when out and about.