Can anyone help me and fix this picture?

Hello every one.

I am posting o picture here today and want your true and honest critisim about it.

This picture was taken with nikon D810+AF-S zoom nikkor 17~35mm at F2.8 ISO 1600 at 30sec exposure..

This was taken at 1 am after the the moon has set over the horizon,

I got the milky way picture I wanted but I failed in making the milky way look more spectature.

I have tired it on th lightromm with the raw file but failed.

what did I do wrong? is the exposure to long? what can I do with the noise? was my exposure time to long or ISO to high.

tell me what ihave done wrong before I go night photograhpy on next dark moon late july.

I dont want to fail this time. please sincerely help me!!!!!

289276247_4.thumb.JPG.f51096ad592b9607135647da922fcf6a.JPG

I took a stab at it. Using Nik Color Efex, I enhanced details and contrast. As you can see, there is a problem with focus, but the main issue (I think) is with stray light. Instead of one 30 sec exposure, which blurs the stars due to earth's rotation, you may be better off using multiple short exposures and then stacking them as discussed here.

Milky Way Exposure Stacking with Manual Alignment in Adobe Photoshop

What that does is reduce noise thereby enhancing the faint astronomical features.

Also, vignetting and lens distortions are pretty evident towards the edges in your pic. You can turn on lens profile corrections in Lightroom to take care of such.

astro-small.thumb.jpg.8739da2536ea77a1a2a4ca7ce9a4c1ae.jpg

• Like 1