Calibrating monitor

<p>I just bought a Nec Multisync LCD 2690wuxi2. I have the spyder 3 and have calibrated it using the factory setting on the monitor. I don't feel that it has enough contrast. I do a lot with photoshop and MPIX prints my pictures. I used a Sony monitor before. I just want to know what I need to do aside from using spyder 3 to get a true reading of color, contrast, and sharpness so that when I use photoshop and upload my pictures they will need little to no correction. I have read the manual. Options are numerous. My cameras are 5d mkii and 7D with L lenses. I am not new to photography or photoshop. I am just new to this LCD. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.</p>

<p>You can adjust the contrast ratio with the SpectraView II software which hopefully you got instead of the Spyder software. That said, most displays have too much contrast compared to a print! You’ve got something along the lines of 800:1+ on the LCD and a print is maybe 250:1 (which you could set in the SpectraView II software). Lastly, MPIX’s idea of color management is brain dead. They provide a profile for soft proofing but don’t allow you to actually convert to the output color space meaning you have no control over the rendering intent, engine etc. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)