Broncolor Impact 41 - Help

carl_keeley

I've picked up a set of 3 Broncolor Impact 41's plus extra's on Ebay for $1000.

They've had a life but haven't been too abused.

So i'm excited!

Problem is i know nothing about these. Theres no info on Bron's site that i can see. Can anyone shed some

light on thiese (sorry, couldn't resist )

Hi Carl, I've got a set of these, and have used them professionally for about 4 years..

they've been life-savers when I've needed them as extra lights.

I'll answer anything you need to know about them. Firstly the most useful thing you could/

should know is that they take the same accessories as current visatec heads, so you'll have

no problem getting new softboxes etc.

The heads are 300w/s each, but actually MUCH more efficient than most heads. With my

elinchrom system side by side the meter readings have been equivalent to about 750w/s

on the elinca kit!!!!!

they don't have any snazzy features, but are world-light compatible, so will work

anywhere in the world - you'll need to change the modelling bulbs if you do. they recharge

mega fast here in the UK (220V) maybe a bit slower with you in the US (110V)

eeerrrr what else would you like to know?

you can mail me at; contact (at) benlawrencephoto (dot) co (dot) uk with any further

questions you might have... thanks, Benj

• 2 weeks later...
Simple Basic reliable things, 3 stops (1/4,1/2,full) don't recycle as quick in North America but good enough, has on board slave triggering with infrared and standard light and are ancestors of Visatec and indeed use their accessory line. As usual with Bron NO standard accessories fits them not even an umbrella OH I was forgetting there is the the modeling light wich If I remember well, replacement is BRL.