Blog post on the Nikon Fm2

stephen_dowling1

<p>Hello all</p>

<p>I've been using the Nikon FM2 for years - my Flickr account's got hundreds of photos taken on this camera.</p>

<p>I've just published a blog post on my film photography blog. Do read it/share it if you wish, and I'd love to hear other people's experiences with it.</p>

<p>http://zorkiphoto.co.uk/2013/09/08/nikon-fm2-review-film-camera/</p>

<p>I've been using the FM2 for mostly low-light music photography but have recently been shooting it more for general photography.</p>

<p>Cheers</p>

<p>S</p>

<p>Film is beautiful, and much more fun doing all the process you need after you clicked the shutter. No peeking. OK, I going to get out my two cameras, FM-2 & FE-2 loaded with a roll of Kodak 400 Tmax, a box of them, sitting in the fridge. I never used Neopna, 6400? (the guitar player) I like the image very much. I have 100s of B&W negative to scan them. Thank you, I get the inspiration to do the work on them.<br>

Cheers</p>

<p>Film is beautiful, and much more fun doing all the process you need after you clicked the shutter. No peeking. OK, I going to get out my two cameras, FM-2 & FE-2 loaded with a roll of Kodak 400 Tmax, a box of them, sitting in the fridge. I never used Neopna, 6400? (the guitar player) I like the image very much. I have 100s of B&W negative to scan them. Thank you, I get the inspiration to do the work on them.<br>

Cheers</p>

<p>The FM2N is becoming my fav film body. I am a late adopter of b/w film and used it for that. Self develop of course. Was given equip by some members at my camera club. It is more compact, simpler, less things to think about. Much much cheaper than a Fuji digital X100s or et al ...</p>

<p>I have my F100 for slides with its advanced meter and spot meter. But .. I don't really take that many shots my D70 from 2004 only has about 13,000 clock on it, from the 2nd year I had it b/c the shutter was replaced. I don't do enough walk about high ISO stuff ... I don't even use my camera on a weekly basis. To me they have to be printed or emailed or Facebooked or at least worthy of being kept for a camera club exhibition or competition submission for now or future or whatever, there must be a use in mind. I'm also drawn to the better locations, so I tend to photograph more when I travel to national parks, bigger bright cities esp oveseas. The thing I miss with film is the inability to shoot high ISO when I need color ie at a big bright city at night ie with portraiture.</p>

<p>Very nice pictures, Stephen !! <br /><br />I agree very much with your sentiments - although I shoot the FE instead :-) I like the AE functionality of the FE, but not that the shutter maxes out at 1/1000. And since I use only Kodak BW400CN, I occasionally have to use an ND filter. But the size and feel of it is just so nice :-)<br /><br />This summer, I took the FE along for our holidays, complete with 50/1.4 and 28/3.5 Nikkors: <br /><br /><a href="http://www.imagepro.dk/Denmark_2013/" rel="nofollow nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.imagepro.dk/Denmark_2013/</a><br /><br />Oh, and when I *really" want to feel like a photographer, I use my F :-)<br /><br />Soeren<br /><br /></p><div>00bysF-542413984.jpg.8349cf1ccaecf21fed2fab2f39345eaa.jpg</div>

<p>Many thanks everyone for your responses. Much appreciated.<br>

<br /><strong>Soeren:</strong> Great pic! Is that on the 400 speed film? Lovely fine grain.<br>

<br /><strong>DF Griffith:</strong> I've played around with a mate's F3, he used to use it for pro work. I think I might have to get one one of these days.<br>

<strong>Ray:</strong> I've done a little bit of slide shooting with my F100, I know what you mean. Incredible metering.</p>