Billing?

I just did a shoot for a local business of some girls in a pageant.

Well i was paid 500.00 for the gig which included a few images for

the girls. Well they need a few images to publish in a local

magazine. what is the normal charge for a 1 time reproduction? How

much should I charge for each image? Im going to resize them and

email them to her. I live in Louisiana if that makes a difference.

thanx!

If you find out what magazine it is perhaps going here:

<P>

<A HREF="http://www.editorialphoto.com/contracts/estimator.html">http://www.editorialphoto.com/contracts/estimator.html</A>

<P>

You can plug in circulation numbers and find out what the average going rate is for that size publication. Of course this would be what the magazine would pay, your particular situtation may be different, still, it's a good website to bookmark.

I have no idea how to answer your original question, nor any question regarding billings in U.S. But I'll just take this opportunity to say that imho, it is umportant to take into consideration WHERE we are from, when posting regarding pricing in this new (and great) business forum. For example, what Ellis just wrote may well be valid for U.S.A, but only partly for western Europe, and absolutely not in Malaysia. I know, nobody cares about Malaysia, but I just thought I'd throw in a general reminder about the fact that prices and business habits are different everywhere. Let's keep that in mind when posting. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Jason,

Like Ellis said - if she's not running an ad - or as long as it's not a 'payed for advertorial' then just float her a shot or two with a small written agreement that you 'must' get a byline/photo credit-copyright line.

You then can use this as a tear-sheet for your book.