best way to show digital images on home tv

You could simply plug the tv into the computer... I've noticed in the past that gives slightly better images than plugging the tv into the camera output. The disclaimer is that contrast and saturation are always tricky and take a lot of tweaking. Just head down to Radioshack - they'll be able to provide you with the appropriate cables.

(I don't know what a "Tivo" is - but "two clicks of the remote" sounds like a cool set-up...)

I think the best way is to use some software like ProShow Gold and burn a DVD. This software, and others, lets you add panning and zooming effects, as well as various music or voice tracks.

<p>

It's easy to use and really does give life to a slide slow. And anyone with a DVD player can view it.

Another interesting option is the Roku Photobridge HD. It will display your pictures at High Definition resolutions. It supports both 1080i and 720p and has a High Definition pass through. Images look stunning when viewed in high def. It can also display in standard TV resolution (480i) through S-video and composite but I have no experience with those connections or their associated quality. You can also zoom, etc. You can view photo?s over a home network (Wired or wireless with adapter) or with your Camera card. It has connections for CompactFlash, SD/MMC, Memory Stick/Memory Stick PRO, and SmartMedia for plug-and-play browsing of your pictures.

It costs $299 list but you can find them for slightly less online (newegg.com). It also browses music and other things as well (Limited video features, can act as a screen saver, etc).

I have one and love it. It has a great clean interface, is easy to use, and the images look great when hooked up to a HTDV.

http://www.rokulabs.com/products/photobridge/index.php