jeffery_pool

I'm looking for an M6, preferrably the one referred to as the "Classic", plus

a few lenses. I've dealt with KEH.com for a 500c/m a year ago and I had an ok

experience. The camera didn't need but did really benefit from a good checkup

and cla before it was back up to snuff. What other dealers are there that sell

used Leica gear? Don't mind paying a bit more for one thats come already

checked out and ready to go.

Couple thoughts: <p>

1. Good cameras and lenses come up rather frequently on this Forum under FS (for sale). They are often reasonably priced. <p>

2. In addition to the above dealer recommendations, you might consider Woodmere Camera. I've met Richard, the proprietor, but I have not bought anything from him. He has a 100% ebay record, and many repeat customers. He's careful on descriptions, allows returns, and has some <a href=http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-M6-TTL-0-72-Chrome-Camera-with-Box-Case-Strap_W0QQitemZ230046734275QQihZ013QQcategoryZ30030QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>quality stuff</a>. You could also email him and ask him to be on lookout for a camera that might interest you.<p>

[i should clarify. I've met him at one or two camera shows. He did me the favor of actually talking me out of a lens he was selling, because the rather high price was attributable to its value to collectors, and I am not a collector. He isn't a personal friend, and I have no connection to his business.]

In New York City, when it comes to used Leicas, what Ken Hansen has "forgotten" -

Adorama and B&H have not learned. Not only his used Leicas are the cleanest, they are

usually cheaper. And you can take his word to the bank. I have been buying from him for

over 20 years.

I know a good place here in Minneapolis. That's National Camera and Video Exchange (http://www.natcam.com). They are probably the best photography related shop in the Twin Cities area and they are also Leica authorized dealer. And they do have quite a selection of used equipment. A nice thing about their used equipment is that it comes with 120 day warranty and return policy. So, check them out and see if you could find something that you like. In my opinion, they are very professional.