Best Melbourne Labs

<p>I've just bought a Nikon FE2, my first film camera, and I'm looking for the best photo labs in Melbourne. I'll want the rolls developed and scanned. Price is a consideration but if I'm getting what I'm paying for I'm happy to pay more.<br>

At the moment my photos will just be used on my computer, however I'm hoping to start selling prints in the future. Is it worth getting the top quality scans now or would it be better to go the cheaper options until I start getting prints?<br>

I'm also wondering about what I should be looking for in terms of file size, JPEG vs TIF, type of scanner, and what does 16 bit mean? </p>

<p>Melbourne AUS?</p>

<p>If so, I used Vanbar Imaging a couple of years ago and I was satisfied with their service, punctuality, knowledge and quality. I don't live in Melbourne so my uses were intermittent and immediate. </p>

<p>For Display Prints / Print Sales, I think it is important to create rapport and an understanding with the Lab Technician apropos the precise meaning of instructions and expectations: I think you will probably need to try a few and find the best fit. </p>

<p>WW</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Is it worth getting the top quality scans now or would it be better to go the cheaper options until I start getting prints?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'd get the simple, cheap scans now, and later on when you know which photos you want printed, get high quality scans. No need to pay for high quality scans of negatives that you'll only use on the web, or not at all.</p>