B&H Shipping

d.f._griffith

<p>Ordered a Nikon SB910 & reflector kit from B&H yesterday (Saturday). Supposedly you get free one day delivery with this item (states this on every SB910 item on their site). Well, my shipping link to UPS comes in today and the delivery day is Monday the 29th. Needless to say, I am not at all happy with this. To make it even more interesting, the reply from B&H is this:<br /> Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio. <br /><br />Your order has already shipped. At this time You will have to refuse the package upon delivery. If you wish to get the kit with free One day delivery you will have to place another order. <br /><br />Please let us know if you require any further assistance. <br /><br />Thank you, we appreciate your business."<br /> My question is and to them, which I have no answer yet, if it states it on their website, why was it not shipped to me that way? There was no button to click on checkout, so I stupidly "ASSumed" I would get it delivered this way. B&H has always been on time with the items I order, and no, I am not a big time spender with them, but the site should specify what else I needed to do to have the item shipped to me in the one day time frame. Enough, Christmas shots will have to be with my old SB600. Rant over.</p>

<p><br />My question is and to them, which I have no answer yet, if it states it on their website, why was it not shipped to me that way? There was no button to click on checkout, so I stupidly "ASSumed" I would get it delivered this way. B&H has always been on time with the items I order, and no, I am not a big time spender with them, but the site should specify what else I needed to do to have the item shipped to me in the one day time frame. Enough, Christmas shots will have to be with my old SB600. Rant over.<br>

Just after posting this, I get another email from them. As usual, B&H comes through. I still maintain that there was no button to click at least to these old tired eyes. </p>

<p>"I am very sorry for the confusion. To get the free 1 day shipping you would have had to select that option during checkout. In this case we will recall this package and reship this tomorrow with 1 day shipping to arrive on Tuesday. <br /><br />I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. <br /><br />Please let us know if you require any further assistance. <br /><br />Thank you,"</p>

When you placed your order, did you select one-day shipping? Just because that is free, it still doesn't mean that is the

default.

A few weeks ago, Adorama had free one-day shipping, but I chose two day anyway, on a Monday. Adorama shipped very

late on that Monday so that by the time UPS received it, it was already Tuesday. Therefore, it was supposed to arrive by

Thursday, but UPS had some further delay since they were apparently overwhelmed by the volume on cyber Monday.

Eventually I received the order on Friday. Since I ordered with plenty of time to spare, there was no time pressure on my

part.

<p>Hi Shun, apparently I chose expedited shipping as that usually takes several days. I went over my shipping options and didn't see a one day option, but that certainly doesn't mean it's not on there somewhere, I certainly wanted it one day. B&H has always been on the up and up with any problems I have had, which is very few, including this one. I use paypal to purchase items and I am wondering if there is something I missed during checkout. <br>

Never ordered from Adorama but have only heard good things about them as well. Happy Holidays all.</p>

<p>I just ordered a couple of items with them this morning with the free "expedited" shipping and it said both online and in the confirmation email that they will be here on Tuesday. (I am between Baltmimore and Washington.) I find that even with their standard shipping I usually get my packages not any later than the second business day, sometmies the first business day. Their shipping seems even quicker during the holidays -- my theory is that the trucks are filling up faster and being sent on their way that much sooner, but who knows.<br /><br />As far as the idea that something has already "shipped" and can't be changed, that's not necessarily the case. At B&H and a number of other places "your order has shipped" means that their shippign department has processed the order but it doesn't mean that it has been picked up by UPS, USPS or Fedex. If you get back to them quickly, it's most likely still sitting on the loading dock and -- at least in theory -- they can send somebody out to snatch it back and redo the shipping.</p>

<p>Well, I think there aren't many other outfits that would turn on a dime like BH and rectify the situation. Kudos to them. That's why they're one of my fav stores.</p>

<p>What, no call us back ASAP and the upsale to a better battery, a protective $200 UV filter for the strobe and an English version of the West Bangalore SB910, that spews light only in the metric system? Maybe it's the Christmas rush ? </p>

<p>:o)</p>

<p>Happy HoHo<br>

Jim (lowly SB600 owner)</p>

<p>I'm with William, you must have made the order late on Saturday, B&H does process or ship orders from Friday sundown until Saturday sundown, they observe the Jewish Sabbath and I've always seen a disclaimer pop-up that orders have to be made and will be processed after sundown Saturday evening, which as far as I know, cannot be realistically be processed and delivered for Sunday.</p>

<p>Thanks guys, yes I ordered after B&H opened up online ordering Sat. Sunday morning I received the shipping confirmation which had no information on it. Later in the day I checked and that's when I noticed the shipping arrival date and time. Their website states they are open on Sundays as Saturday is their off day. They were very prompt in responding to my emails and concerns. <br>

Not sure UPS is running in New York on Sundays as they certainly are not down this way, but the email did state the order would be recalled and another shipped for one day delivery. As big as they are, this presents no real problem for them I suppose. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>B&H does process or ship orders from Friday sundown until Saturday sundown, they observe the Jewish Sabbath</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Guess you mean to say "Does <em><strong>not</strong></em> ship" since Saturday = shabath<br>

(also sabbat, sjabbes or sjabbos or sjabbath depending on which language you using..:-) ...? </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Hi Shun, apparently I chose expedited shipping as that usually takes several days. I went over my shipping options and didn't see a one day option, but that certainly doesn't mean it's not on there somewhere, I certainly wanted it one day.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Free one day shipping was an available shipping option and I am sorry you overlooked it when placing this order. At the end of the transaction we advised you, "<strong>Shipping Method: </strong> Expedited Delivery...<strong>Estimated Delivery: </strong>Mon, Dec 29" The same information was repeated in the confirmation email we sent seconds later. <br>

<br />If a customer ordered the same item rigfht now, the first two shipping options would be:</p>

<ul>

<li>1 Day Saver Estimated Delivery: Tue, Dec 23 by end of day - FREE</li>

<li>Expedited Delivery Estimated Delivery: Mon, Dec 29 - Free<br /></li>

</ul>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<blockquote>

<p>As far as the idea that something has already "shipped" and can't be changed, that's not necessarily the case. At B&H and a number of other places "your order has shipped" means that their shippign department has processed the order but it doesn't mean that it has been picked up by UPS, USPS or Fedex.</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br />Once a package tracking number hs been qssigned, the package belongs to the shipper, usually UPS, and has been transferred to a UPS pick-up bin. That may be on our loading dock in plain sight but we MAY NOT touch the package. Doing so would violate the terms of our agreement with UPS.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br />B&H Photo-Video</p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>B&H doesn't deserve any criticism on this and I'm sorry they received it by the OP. You can't do better with an online retailer than B&H.<br>

I have similarly made an order quickly and been upset with the shipping method only to find out I didn't take the time to notice and choose the right option. Might make me mad, but it's my fault and can't be blamed on the retailer.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>B&H doesn't deserve any criticism on this and I'm sorry they received it by the OP.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>+1</p>

<p>The OP gets some credit for acknowledging uncertainty. Still, I don't think the camera stores should have to patrol the forum and give VIP treatment to customers that come on here to air half-baked grievances. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote>

<p>Doesn't the free one day delivery applies on to business days and not Saturday or Sunday deliveries?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>UPS shipping calendars and ETAs all reference business days only. No weekends, no holidays.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video