B' B' B' Baldinette

Awfully nice work with that little folder. I particularly like the reflection shots. The camera is very similar in its features to my Vito II, probably the most reliable performer among all my old cameras. Also, it really does fit in a pocket in a way that none of the later fixed lens designs do.

Ah, the post-War version of the Jubilette I have! Mine, too, has film spacing issues; sometime I need to find the time to open it up and try to figure out what's wrong with it. Optically, I don't think my f/2.9 Baltar is anything like as good as the 44 mm f/3.5 Anaston in my Pony 135, but the Jubilette/Baldinette certainly are more compact; these will easily fit in a shirt pocket when folded (if you don't have reading glasses or 3-4 pens already in there, at least).

My Jubilette doesn't like full length 36 exposure rolls; the film advance gets pretty stiff near the end and I've given up at about frame 33-34 a few times -- does yours do this? Yeah, obvious solution is to load 24 exposure rolls, but when I already have the 36 around...

Thanks all.

This camera has a slight film spacing problem too. None of the frames run together, though. It will add and extra mm between every fourth or fifth frame.

Donald; I don't usually run full rolls of 36, so I don't know if this camera has a prob at the end of the roll.

Nice pictures! I have one of these too. The Baldinette is West German, I think, while the Jubilette is pre-war. My Baldinette has a Westar lens in a Prontor SV, that didn't work at slow speeds when I got it, and now doesn't work at all. The Jubilette has obviously led a hard life. There is a big dent in the body, and big patches of leatherette are missing. The Compur shutter works though. The case has been painstakingly resewn, long enough ago that the thread has shrunk a little and the whole thing has a cool 'I crossed the desert with this camera' look. It has a Baltar f/2.9, which I don't think is that sharp, but the camera is so easy to carry. Maybe time to take it out for a run.<div>00CTrD-24021084.jpg.7fb52d3c9268c9ab33b904db53ea9878.jpg</div>

This is one from that Jubilette; a shooting hut on the moors above Embsay in the Yorkshire Dales. The film is just cheaperoony 200 ASA that I grabbed on my way to meet up for the walk. A lot on the same film were spoiled by flare; many pictures in the Dales depend on the play of light as the weather changes, so its always tempting to go too close to the light for a little uncoated triplet with no hood, and then complain about it when you get the pictures!<div>00CTtL-24022184.jpg.f2c4454e653766ef3f467f2fdd2cca58.jpg</div>