Some may remember my recent post (http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00d4ST) about the Super Richoflex I acquired recently that was loaded with fungus. Well I managed to run a roll through it over the last week. Two weeks from acquisition of the camera to finished images is some kind of record for me recently. I'm happy to say that neither the fungus nor my cleaning seems to have had a negative effect on the lens. I am, however, rather unhappy to say that my attempt to re-calibrate the focus when putting the camera back together was rather spectacularly unsuccessful (this is the unfortunate error referenced in the title). When the image is focused in the viewfinder, the resulting image is horribly back-focused. When set to infinity, the taking lens is actually focused well beyond infinity, leaving nothing in the image in focus. I'm not sure whether I inadvertently adjusted focus on the taking lens when putting everything back together or if the scotch tape I used for a ground glass substitute was off of the film plane. Regardless of the cause, out of the whole roll of 12 images, only 3 were in focus. If it hadn't been sunny out so that I was forced to used small apertures due to the shutter's top speed of 1/200, these three probably would have been unusable as well. - Joe's "Sputnik" Sign I started the roll this past Sunday and got halfway through before being chased home by a rainstorm. It's probably just as well, since this is the only image from that half of the roll that was in focus. Most of the images on this roll show a lighter band on one side or the other, similar to the one on the right in this image. I'm not sure if this is a light leak or a scanner issue, since the images from my Yashica Mat also showed this issue. The light seals in both cameras seem to be in good shape and I used the bottom half of the ever-ready cases in both instances, which should help keep light out. I'll have to investigate the negatives a bit further. - Ramp and River Yesterday, I headed down to the Mississippi river to finish the roll. This is the handicap access to the dock at the recently completed Beale Street Landing. I took a couple of shots of the building itself, but they'd probably give you a headache if I posted them. This shot is not quite right either. When viewed larger, you can see that the water in the background is in better focus than either the ramp or the railing in front. I was actually focusing on the upright support on the front of the ramp. - Walkin' Man This shot is where the bad luck came in to play. I'm actually quite pleased with the composition and exposure, though the lens didn't do a great job of handling the flare. I intentionally underexposed the sky and used an orange filter, which I had to hold in front of the lens without getting my fingers in the shot. The problems occurred after developing. I do my developing in a spare bathroom. After developing, I hang the roll to dry from the shower rod via a wire clothes hanger and two weighted clamp-on hooks, one at either end of the roll. When I hung the wire hanger on the shower rod this time, the roll somehow fell off and, wouldn't you know, the upper hook landed directly in the center of this frame. It didn't scratch the emulsion somehow, but it did leave a decent sized indention that kept the film from drying evenly and left some streaks of something on the emulsion. You can probably still see where I did some cloning to try to cover it up. I'll go ahead and try to re-calibrate the focus again, though I don't think this camera will get a whole lot of use. While the image quality is good, the relatively slow maximum shutter speed is pretty limiting in bright light. Also, this camera lacks automatic frame spacing and double exposure prevention. There were several times where I had to stop and mentally count the shots I'd taken to try to remember if I had advanced the film. Technical details- I believe all three of these images were shot at f11. The film was Delta Pro 100 and was developed in T-Max (1+4) for 7 mins at 68F. Scanned with Epson V600 @ 600 dpi. The only post processing I did was re-sizing and dust clean up.