<p>can anyone direct me to a link that will assist me in the proper way to unistall and reinstall cs3?<br>

for some strange reason this morning i got a message saying that my liscense was not working properly and i need to unistall and reinstall.<br>

since this program is on two computers i thought i would get in touch with adobe to be sure i did things the right way to avoid issues in the future.<br>

after being transfered 4 times i was then told it would cost be 39.95 to get any help to correct this problem.<br>

Ticked me off, and i told them this was crazy!<br>

anyway, i have been trying to find a tutorial that would cover what i need to do, as i am under the impression it is more involved than just removing from the control panel. Or, perhaps , i am wrong.<br>

thanks,<br>

ann</p>

<p>The license covers installation in two computers, so in itself, that's not a problem. But the software may think you're trying to install it in a third machine, which would be a no-no. That's why I suggested deactivating CS3 on the one machine before uninstalling it. When you reinstall it, you'll have to go through the activation process again, but it may solve the problem.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>for some strange reason this morning i got a message saying that my liscense was not working properly and i need to unistall and reinstall.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Do you get this message on both computers? Is the program working properly in spite of the message or are you unable to open the program. If the former, suggest you simply ignore the message; it may be some temporary glitch.</p>

<p>it is not working on my home computer and will have to check when i go into the lab about the other computer.<br>

i can't open the program, or rather it comes up and then i get the message in a large window.<br>

i am not sure how to deactive and that is why i called adobe , and i was so ticked i wasn't going to give them 40 dollars just to tell me something simple to do. </p>

<p>The button to deactivate is in the "Help" menu in Photoshop.</p>

<p>If it will let you click that, then do a deactivate/uninstall and then reinstall and re-activate.<br>

If you can't do that, then I don't know what to do. I, personally, would still try an uninstall/reinstall.</p>

<p>just an update for all you kind people<br>

as i couldn't open photoshop i couldn't deactivate, so i decided to try uninstall.<br>

when i went into the control panel to do so, a message came up and asked if i wanted to repair or reinstall theprogram. when i said yes, it went about doing something for about 15 minutes and now all is well.<br>

I really understand the need to protect their product, but it is very sad when one has a registered, paid for program that they ask for money to relay information that would have taken less than a few minutes to take care</p>

<p>ann, I realize trying to talk with Adobe can be frustrating (been there, etc.), but they are very, very responsive (for free) via the Internet... next time, log a case number with their website... it takes some digging to get there, and everything seems to change every 60 days or so, but dig, it's there), and they will respond. Ive even had a guy come online in what amounted to a private chatroom to go over the issues with me. Adobe does try to take good care of its paying customers, even though sometimes they seem to go about it in an odd way.</p>