About Kodak Ektrapress multispeed professional (PJM)

<p> Kodak has discontinued several types of photographic films. Today, I find Kodak has this film Kodak Ektapress Multispeed Professional film (referred to as PJM). The improved Ektapress film can be exposed at EI 100, 200, 400, 800 or 1000 and will produce good results with normal C-41 processing. If needed, the new film can be pushed to EI 1600.<br>

I have not used the film. Everyone who shot film, please share the experiment and show your photos. Can you really shoot it at ISO 100 to 1000 ?</p>

<p>I shot some of that film around 1997. It was nominally a 640 speed film. There was nothing remarkable about it, other than good exposure latitude. However, I think it was rather grainy at 640 and above. Kodak's 400 speed film at the time was so much better. By today's standards, Kodak's 800 speed films are much better than PJM ever was. </p>

<p>PJM was DX coded as a 640 speed film. The true speed was about 400. ISO 100 would be two stops overexposed. Any color neg film can do this. Most can deliver 4 or 5 stops overexposure if the lab knows how to print them. ISO 1000 would be 1.33 stops underexposed. Most color neg films can deliver 1 to 2 stops underexposure.</p>

<p>In short, the unique thing about Ektapress Multispeed was the marketing approach. It was released at a time when Fuji had a good 800 speed film and Kodak didn't. A few years later, Kodak introduced a very competitive 800 speed film. Many photojournalists commented that they would switch to Kodak if they weren't switching to digital. </p>