55 Years Ago - January 1962

<p>Another great post, Marc. Thanks! </p>

<p>The Contarex test brings memories, that was my late father's dream camera. The reviewer was impressed. It is very entertaining to look at the dealers' ads and compare the relative prices of cameras at the time.</p>

<p>The Beautiful Negative is still an excellent primer for B&W. It also made me sad for the B&W films that are no longer available, especially Plus-X and Panatomic-X.</p>

<p>So, Olympus was considering a half-frame ("single-frame") SLR in their Pen line. This rumour had substance! </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Rick - I remember seeing a great test of a Komura lens as a teenager. I really wanted it. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit my Argus C-3 and even if it did I couldn't afford it.</p>

<p>Julio - If a camera impresses Arthur Kramer you know it has to be good. Once I get all of these in chronological order it will be interesting to see the rumors turn into prototypes and the prototypes turn into actual products.</p>

<p> </p>

• 1 year later...
<p>He also looks at the Kodak Retina Reflex III.</p>

<p>Retina-Test-1-sm<br /><br />Retina-Test-1-sm<br /><br /></p>

I know this is an older post, but I just came across it and was glad to see a nice/positive review of the Kodak Retina Reflex III back in 1962, when the camera was only a year or so old. I was happy to see that the reviewer liked some of the ergonomic features of this camera (I always thought they were great)!