mary_ann_badar

I have several 30 to 50 year old 2" x 2" black and white negatives that I

want to have printed. I have read the suggestions from many of your subscribers

as to how to develop them myself. I am now 73 years old with no experience in

photograph developing and hesitate to tackle such a task. I would apprecite

hearing from anyone who might be interested in printing these for me. I am

willing to pay the current fee for such a service. Thank you, Mary Ann Badar

nmbadar@comcast.net

If you are close to any photography store that caters to students still shooting film, they can probably either print themselves, or point you to a local hobbyist/student who can print these for you. If they are 2.25 inches as I suppose they may be, then contact prints at the least could be made even if the printers do not have a larger format enlarger.

Others will no doubt point you to some commercial operations that still do what is usually called "medium format" film.

these negatives are most likely from 12 exp 127 film which is 46mm, just short of 2 inches wide. Since most older photographs were not "cropped closely" as the viewfinder was inexact. a 35mm only enlarger will do 38mm square as your negatives are 38mm square. 35mm is 24x36 ( about 1" x 1 1/2") 127 film if that's what it is is 1 5.8" square. So a 35mm only enlarger

would work to make enlargements with only a little cropping.

they could be from a camera that used 620 or 120 film. in that case a "medium format" enlarger is required. but many hobbyists would have such equipment

You could try looking up a camera club or ask the local librarian or historical society if there is such a group or such a person near you.

Printing your own is do-able of course, but shipping charges on a used enlarger can be costly. and it's most likely better to have someone do it for you.