4x8 foam core "bounce flats"

steven_spargur

I am trying to find a place online or in the st. louis area where one

can order 4x8 foam core, or "bounce flats" as I've heard them called

before. I've searched extensively online, and have found sources for

foam core used to mount photos, but I don't think that that is the

same foam core that I'm looking for. They should be black on one

side and white on the other. Help!

I've picked up what you're looking for at home depot. I'm sure Lowe's or any of the home improvement stores will have them. Look where the insulation is. I've seen it in both white and in reflective silver. Work great and cost about 5 bucks each for 4X8. I cut mine into quarters and then using duct tape made them foldable so they are easier to transport.

Styrofoam is brittle and dusty. Foam core that is black on one side and white on the other is getting hard to find, even here in Atlanta which is a big distribution hub. You may have to buy both black and white. Look into formica, which you could contact cement onto Luan, a thin plywood like material. They are all readily available at home improvement warehouses. <p>This seems like a long way to go for an reflector system that is unwieildy and large. Have you considered the collapsible flex panel systems made by Bogen, Westcott and other photo equip manufacturers?

• 2 years later...

You can get all kinds of foamcore and related products in the St. Louis area at Graphic

Outfitters in Earth City. Their phone number is 636-600-4120. They have a $100

minimum on all orders. They are an excellent company; I have dealt with them for several

years, and have always been completely satisfied with their products, service and prices.