40D RAW problems on Photoshop CS2

benradvanyi

The latest version of Abode camera raw (ACR) will not run with CS2 any more. It only runs with PS-CS3 and with

PS-Elements6. The best you can do is to download the latest DNG-converter from Adobe, and convert the raw files

from the 40D to DNG. These should work with the latest ACR version that supports CS2.

Adobe Camera RAW for Photoshop CS2 does not support RAW files from the 40D.

Your solutions are

1) Upgrade to CS3

2) Buy Lightroom 2.0

3) Download the free RAW-to-DNG converter from Adobe and create DNG files from your 40D files. The DNG files will open in CS2 without any problems.

I have stopped using RAW from my 40D due to this unsatisfactory situation. With my 20D there was a very user friendly converter that now does not work with my 40D. I tried DPP and PNG converters etc but none worked as well as ACR. I can't afford and see no reason to update to CS3 so I am stuck with an excellent camera but am unable to get the best from it.

To those recommending DPP, it does not have the fully adjustable lens correction for abberations nor vignetting, nor can you adjust each color channels' hue and saturation. You can't set up parameters for each lens like you can in ACR. It's sooo easy to run a folder's worth of images thru the DNG converter, then also batch convert thru ACR.

Hey Lad, have you actually used DPP? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing here. But you do have lens corrections. Peripheral illumination, Distortion, Chromatic aberration, and Color blur. And yes you can set up parameters for each lens (possibly not like ACR). And you can adjust each channels brightness and contrast as well as tweak the curves for each (red, green, blue). Would you really need to adjust the hue and saturation? But like someone else said, its free. Well, as long as you buy a Canon camera.

I'm sure that a program that you pay for will do a better job of some things, maybe all. But I just cant get over the price. http://www.usa.canon.com/content/dpp2/index.html