3M Spray Mount for Photo Mounting?

<p>Does anyone have any experience with 3M Spray Mount for matting/backing photos? I've been using 3M Photo Mount spray successfully for years, but lately it's been hard to find on store shelves. I stumbled across a can of Spray Mount in a Michaels yesterday and snapped it up. From what I can read on the can it seems to be similar to Photo Mount and is acid free. I'm going to give it a try with a more or less disposable print as a test, but I was wondering if there's some expertise out there.</p>

<p>Thanks...</p>

<p>Resin-coated papers are pretty sturdy. Back in the 70's, I used to mount RC prints on acidic poster board with those heat-activated adhesive sheets (also acidic). Many of them got stored in a hot attic. Decades later, there's about 1/4" of mild yellowing around the edges (where there is no resin coating on the cut edges), but the rest of each print is still very white.</p>

<p>FAIW, you can thin a contact adhesive and spray it with an air sprayer. Of course that will give you a hard stick -- no repositioning!</p>

<p>Mostly, what I use it for is sandwiching 11X14 and larger prints on heavy matte paper between the matting and acid-free foam backing. So, repositioning is not an issue. I have mounted prints over 13 years old that show no sign of yellowing or other problems, using Photo Mount Spray for mounting.</p>

<p>I think I may have found a source for Photo Mount Spray - here's hoping.</p>

<p>Anyway, thanks, guys, for your input...</p>