35mm slides from digital file near Madison, WI

I have used, and recommend www.slides.com. You upload images to their website, and receive slides in the mail in a few days.

For you, a strong benefit is that slides.com is located in Verona, WI. So I would expect that you would receive your slides back very quickly.

Good luck,

Mark

"How many pixels do you need to get a decent slide?"

It depends on what kind of image you have. If you have graphic presentation slides with no fine detail, then 1.5-2.0 Megapixels will do. For a decent continuous tone image, 6 megapixels will look good. I you want to make sure that you are getting the most information possible on that 35mm slide, then 24 megapixels (4000x6000) will do that. At this level, the film cannot record distinct pixels. Try it and see if your results are acceptable.

Most film recorders run at 11 megapixels, 4,096 x 2,730, more resolution in the file won't add anything. I find surprisingly little difference after you hit the 1800x1200 range.

As to distance, I have no idea. I'm NW of Seattle and I have very few clients in the northwest, plenty in the New York to Washington corridor and a clump in California. Maybe most people think it's best to get their slides made a long way away?

Van