35mm Mamiya Sekor E lens?

norayr

<p>Hello,<br>

I often use Mamiya ZM and I have 28 and 50mm lens for it.<br>

However, I like to use 35mm very much. Do 35mm E lens exist? Were they ever produced? I never notice something like that on ebay.<br>

Also, do you aware, if some ultra wide lens for E mount have been ever made?<br>

Thank you.</p>

<p>There was a 35/2.8 E and a 35/2.8 EF. I have the EF. The EF has a function which transmits subject distance to the flash system. This is similar to the AF-D Nikon system. You can get a P adapter which will allow you to mount M42 lenses. There will be no auto diaphragm operation so you will either have to shoot wide open or make sure the M42 lens has an A/M switch so you can close down manually. There are also T mount adapters for this camera as well as the Tamron Adaptall II which Mike mentioned. </p>

<p>a few years ago I joinded the mamiya form<br>

BUT all i have is two mamiya auto 16 cameras.<br>

I saw that the Mamiys M42 cameras seemed to be popular but pricey.<br>

While searchig I say that the company made several different mounts besides the M42.<br>

this was a turn off. Even my Miranda Sensorexed are easier to find than some of the Mamiya ( non-m42) cameras.<br>

<em> m sure If I had one of there I would get the " not only no but hell no"</em><br>

<em>response I get when asking about Mirandas<br /></em><br>

<em>As A result the M42 cameras may be ok<br /></em><br>

<em>but the others-- oddball by sesign.<br /></em><br>

<em>thisisnot to say they can be useful camewras.<br /></em><br>

<em> </em><br>

<em>the re are other makes/ that appeal to m,e more.<br /></em><br>

<em>only pentax k and canon fd are easy to deal wih.<br /></em><br>

<em>If I was starting over I would possibly choose minolta or Nikon.<br /></em><br>

<em> </em></p>

<p>Osawa was the importer for the Mamiya 35mm equipment. I'm not sure whether the Mamiya medium format equipment was also imported by them. When Osawa went bankrupt in 1984, that was the end of the Mamiya 35mm equipment line. I have modest collections of all of the Mamiya 35mm SLR systems. I have at least one 500DTL ad one 1000DTL (no 500TL or 1000TL cameras) and a number of Mamiya M42 lenses. I have several Auto XTL bodies and lenses from 28mm to 200mm, also the 90-230. My NC1000/NC1000S collection is a little smaller but I even have extra focusing screens for the NC1000S. My SX collection of cameras and lenses keeps growing. These cameras do not have the brightest finders but are still pleasant to use if the light is good. Lastly there is my ZE collection. I have more lenses than cameras and finding ZE series cameras which still work (if they ever did) is not easy. I have the P adapters for the Auto XTL, NC1000/1000S and ZE cameras. These allow me to use M42 lenses to expand my selection when I need to. Were all of these lens mount changes good for marketing? Probably not. That doesn't mean we can't have fun with the equipment. </p>

<p>Thank you all!<br>

I found this pdf http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_pdf/mamiya-sekor_ze_lenses.pdf which lists 35mm EF lens.</p>

<p>As far as I understand, Tamrot Adaptall adapter is an adapter for Tamron lens to Mamiya E (and others). But I did not understand were there Tamron m42 lenses, and I cannot find M42 to E mount adapter. That would be ideal, because I already have a collection of M42 lens.</p>

<p>There are two of the 35/2.8 EF lenses being offered on eBay. They are in unknown condition. I suspect the seller does not have a functioning camera on which to test them. There was a third one from this same seller and in the same condition. I bought that one earlier today. The manual for the ZE shows the P adapter which allows you to use M42 mount lenses with correct infinity focus and stop down metering. </p>