2 Canon F1 photos in Shutterbug October 2009

valjalbertphotography

<p>Thanks but no thanks.I dumped that rag along with Pop. Phot. long ago after they threw film users under the bus and went all digital capture.They are bottom feeding at this point because they have lost so many of their core customers after they dumped us and we in turn dumped them.They could dedicate a whole issue to Canon FD and EOS film and I still would not resubscribe.</p>

<p>That shouldn't be too surprising. There's a ton of FD equipment out there, and I'm sure not everyone moved on. I was out with an EF and 50mm f/1.4 today doing some B&W stuff. I love using my equipment. It isn't my staple anymore, but even compared to my FM/FE equipment, that I really love, I don't think there is another 35mm SLR I enjoy as much as an EF.</p>

<p>I have a brace of F1s, regarding it as the last 'real' camera that Canon made. The other day I was out in my city and met an Italian girl who was over in the UK for a vacation and she was sporting an AE-1. If Canon want to get back into my good books then they should relaunch the F1N with mirror lock-up and built in eyepiece dioptre adjustment. </p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>The US Air Force routinely flys 50+ year old B-52s, your average private airplane (Cessnas and the like) is probably over 30 years old, there's a hard core group of car collectors who maintain and drive their 40 to 100 year old automobiles, and there are musicians who play their 500 year old instruments every day.<br /> <br /> There is no reason for us to think that the F-1, one of the finest cameras ever made, can't last just as long with proper care and maintenance. I've owned several F-1s -- the Original ones -- and one of the New F-1s. I like the F-1n (2nd version of the Old F-1) the best of them all. Currently I don't own an F-1, but I plan to remedy that situation very soon.<br /> <br /> Let the clueless continue to dump their clean FD stuff. It drives the prices down, and makes it more affordable for the rest of us.</p>