1st photo from new Retina IIIc

link

CE, There is selective contrast enhancement. More on the blue, less on the sky. The

colors are natural. Perhaps I over did it?

Mike,

Haven't decided yet about the meter. It works sometimes now, so I guess it's not the

cell itself, but the contacts. If I could find instructions, I'd clean them myself I think. I

at least want a repair person who is familiar with the retina before they start mucking

around with it.

I also attached a camera strap to the camera strap lugs on the body and... one of the

lugs broke off. I was lucky I was holding the strap in my hand at the time. Apparently,

these lugs are easy to bend - and then rebend to put them back in position. This one

had been bent before and was on it's last leg. So I guess it's a real "user" now and not

a collectable!

I also found oil inside the lens (did not effect the picture, at least I can't see it yet). I

scratched my head about it until I remembered that you can remove the front of the

lens. So I did, and when I opened the shutter on "B" I was able to reach in a clean up

the oil (or whatever it was) off the glass Hope this does not indicate a real problem.

The shutter seems to work well at most speeds judging by the negs, but I can't be

sure of the accuracy at this point. The rangefinder seems accurate and that was a

concern.

-bruce

Nice shot.

Last night I remembered my Retina III, and I played with it a little, until the shutter got stuck and it stopped fnctioning. I have three Schneider lenses of it, so I took the camera to a repairman to have it inspected for possible repair. If I am told that the camera cannot be fixed, I will look for a replacement camera.