• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• Nikon N75 with 35-80/3.3-5.5 Kit Lens on Tmax 400 @ EI200 in HC110 1in 60 for 9 min. Invers. 30 sec & 5/min. Can't manage the AF on this and there is no scale for zone focusing. Going to sell it. Here's few on the Village Green & then over to Cadboro Bay for a few more. Cenotaph & Western Dogwood Spring Arriving Street Light & Western Dogwood Smuggler's Pub, Cadboro Bay Beach Road Cadboro Bay Moka House
    • Unlike with the 500PF where it was a safety issue to replace the original tripod foot, with the 800PF it is "only" so one can use the lens with an tripod head that has an Arca-Swiss-type clamp on it. Which, I suppose, is pretty much standard.
    • I have several Hejnar feet for various lenses, such as the 500mm/f5.6 PF, Z mount 70-200/2.8, 400/4.5 and 100-400, but for the 800mm PF, I have the Kirk foot that seems to work pretty well also.
    • After reading a few reviews on the various Arca-Swiss type replacement tripod feet for the 800PF, I decided to give the Hejnar one a try. I already own the Hejnar replacement foot for the 500PF, so this felt like a safe bet. I was concerned about losing the padding on the original foot that made carrying the lens a bit more comfortable - but even though the Hejnar doesn't have the padding, the camera/lens combo can be carried quite comfortable using the tripod foot as a grip. The Hejnar foot is substantially longer then the original foot and also extends much farther back - which allows to balance the Z9/800PF comfortably even with the 1.4xTC attached. The Hejnar foot also does not interfere with reversing the lens hood. It comes with four new screws that are substantially longer than Nikon's original ones since the mounting block is thicker. Overall it feels like a quality product for a quite reasonable price. I could have used a RRS rail I have attached to the original tripod foot - but it looked weird, didn't really align properly and securely and hence was quickly discarded as an option. Still wish Nikon would just deliver their lenses with Arca-Swiss compatible tripod feet. This is the 2nd additional purchase for the 800PF after the Zemlinphoto lens cap to replace the ridiculous lens sock Nikon ships the lens with. Overall, this adds $200 to the purchase price.