What Reflector i should buy for portriats outdoors,being alone?

fusion s

I will be operating most of the time alone shooting outdoor portraits.

What color of reflectors do u suggest? Can any one mention any brand

names for reflectors? What stand if any?

due to the wind what rigid frame/stand i should buy?

Thx for your comments.

I browse through the questions but prefered to post a specific

question?

I GREATLY APPRECIATE.

THX ONCE AGAIN

Photoflex makes good one. 42". If you know that you want to work/try diff. colors like gold, silver, white etc. try the 5-in-1 system. If you suspect that you'll need a stand, but the "kit" e.g. at B&H which costs $170 in total and you'll save some money.

Well, you've gone and done it now! I can hear the arguments over the gold giving green light and silver should be your choice all over again!

My advice... DON'T TAKE ANY ADVICE FOR ANY SINGLE REFLECTOR COLOR FROM ANYONE! Instead, get a convertible reflector like the Impact 5 in 1 collapsible reflector (whatever size you feel you need) and try all the surfaces for yourself. Then you will have all the colors there are, and you can use the one that suits YOU when you use it. You may even find that you like all of them for different situations. At least you won't have to decide FOR your photography based on someone else's biased choice.

This sounds like I don't have any respect for other people's opinions. This is far from the truth, but in this case every answer given for a single choice has to be a biased opinion.

Make your own choice... after all, it's YOUR photography!

Stands and frames for reflectors can be made fast by weighting them down with sandbags or barbell weights or any other of a plethora of options. Many have been suggested in other threads on this site. You will get many answers for this. All I've seen are good! After all, if it works, it's good!

Happy shooting! (I hope I haven't started a war myself!)

Photoflex is a great brand to go with. I've used others that don't hold their shape very well, but Photoflex does great - nice and flat! I agree that the 5 in 1 is a good choice. I have the 42" 5 in 1 and use the gold side most of the time, but I do find use for the others as well, and it can also be used as a diffuser.

I must say as most of my paying jobs are outdoor portraits, the reflector is an invaluable accessory, and so is an assistant. Even if you can deal with the wind with sandbags or whatever, it really helps to be able to direct the position of your reflector verbally without having to walk over and make every adjustment yourself. A couple of times I had the client bring someone they were comfortable with to hold the reflector, and more recently have been fortunate enough to have a volenteer who wants to learn from me so we help each other. God luck!

In my video department we use Phototek reflectors. They come in various sizes of spring loaded circles. You take one from its bag, shake it and it bounces out to a big circle. To put it away you just fold it down onto itself.

You can get them with white/silver, or white/gold. Maybe other colours too. The white surface gives a more diffuse reflection than the silver. The gold surface gives a warmer light.

If you find yourself dealing with windy situations often then consider getting a remote camera release. Then you can frame and focus the camera while it is on a tripod and hold the reflector by yourself. This may be a more ideal situation provided your subject is stationary and you don't have too many tight shots.