Which consumer slide film do you prefer?

l_plate_driver

Velvia ASA 50. There is still to me me nothing as vivid for landscapes as Velvia provided you don't have too much contrast in the landscape.

Make sure you buy it from a high volume place like B&H photo video along with the pre-paid Processing envelopes. You'll save yourself quite a bit of cash that way. In fact it cost me ~1/2 doing it this way over buying the film from a local pro shop. Velvia purchased in this way is even cheaper than buying Kodak (24 exposure) slide film from Wal-Mart.

I just felt that I should mention that of the four films mentioned the E100 films, provia and velvia are not comsumer films as the original poster inquired about. This leaves sensia which I have heard is similiar to astia. Personally I use kodachrome, velvia and provia although I guess those arn't consumer films either.

Lyle is of course correct- none of the films we suggested are consumer films. However if you look out at the 'consumer films' that we generally see at least here in the US, Sensia 400, Kodak 200 (something, not sure at Wal-Mart) and maybe Kodachrome 64 (if you can find it) none of these are especially good landscape films or in the case of the Kodachrome easy to find. Since Velvia can be purchased very reasonably it seems IMHO one of the better inexpensive options.