kodak DCS pro slr/c

Hi All,

Anyone out there using a Kodak Pro SLR/C yet. I am very keen to buy

one but I mainly shoot architecture with 1 - 2 second exposure times

(I shoot artificially illuminated interiors to show the light

fittings and lit effect), and I have heard that noise is a problem

at these exposure times. Any help much appreciated.

I haven't done long exposures with mine. But I did test informally noise as you crank the

ISO. It gets pretty bad after 400 ISO. But that doesn't give any answer your question - but

the ISO problem is the one people are usually referring to. (At

the base default ISO 160 the SLR/c produces a stunning image).

<p>

But I second the "Try it" suggestion. The SLR/c has some noise reduction and long

exposure settings that I assume are intended to attack what you are trying to do.

Kodak has recently discontinued their DCS-proback digital backs for medium format. The reason they claimed was they want to concentrate on making sensors and other components but not compete in the retail camera market. If they weren't lying, if that wasn't just marketing bullsh!t, then to be consistent they will need to discontinue the 14MP digicams as well. I would be very afraid to buy one.

Thankyou all for your input.

I am still unsure of which way to go. I am tempted by the Kodak but I have a nagging doubt about the consistency of the images from the Kodak and the amount of computer enhancement needed to obtain good quality final images. I wish Canon would get a move on with the 1Ds replacement!!!