nello

Hello!

I have a model interested in bondage themed nudes -and I was

wondering... are there any special concerns or precautions when

taking the film to the photo lab? Do I have to worry that the labs

will think that I'm Dr. Evil, call police, etc.? How do I go about

getting them developed?

-thanks

Some of this will depend on where you at. For the states you will probably be fine. Though, there have been known to be rather strange laws on the books that get yanked out 100 years after they were put there and some poor bastard get skewered. (not implying you're poor or a bastard)

Make sure you get a model release signed ( you should be doing this anyhow) and I'd inlcude your subjects phone number and ID details. Bring it with you when you go to pick up the film. Heck, take it to a pro lab and nobody will care.

Well, I know few cases where a photographer, a woman, was taking pictures of her naked children and got into lots of hot water over that ( she was developing film in K-Mart, I believe). I think States are more paranoid than in the Europe when it comes to that. However, as somebody mentioned, if you deal with some big pro lab, like Duggal in New York, you will be fine, they have seen it all.,

"For the states you will probably be fine"

Hmm, maybe not. If there is a western place where these problems occur, that it US. The idea about communicating the question before is very inteligent. Let them tell you if they have a problem with that.

Good Luck.