norman p500-m

pge

Hey Jeffrey, thanks for your reply. This is the first time I am using a pack and I just wanted to make sure that I was doing everything correctly. Should you fire the pack after you turn it off to drain the power? Is there anything else that is not necessarily intuitive that needs to be done? I generally read my owner's manuals cover to cover and although they are mostly full of dribble, I always find something useful.

Phil

I haven't used that particular Norman pack, but with my 900 series packs, I've generally followed the practice of turning it off and firing the test button before plugging or unplugging anything and before switching any of the power level switches. Some would also recommend always removing the plugs with one hand just in case of a short.

Ellis, did you mean "make sure the pack is fully <B>DIS</B>charged before flipping any of the power level switches"? My understanding has always been that flipping the switch with a charged pack can cause arcing, and I can't see what harm might becaused by flipping a switch with a discharged pack. So far I haven't damaged a pack or myself with the practice of discharging before changing the settings.