MultiSync FE771SB-BK NEC-Mitsubishi Monitor

I would like to purchase the above monitor as part of my set-up.

I'm tired of playing the mongoose in trying to get a good look at my

photos on my lap-top. In any case I checked with compusa and NEC

regarding whether or not colorvisions calibration tools can be used

with this model. They gave me a tentative yes. But I'd ike to ask

here: Will this model let me calibrate it using one of colorvisions

tools? If so, what do you recommend? There is a huge price jump

going from the $99.00 product to Spyder pro (200+). What gives?

Other than some bundled software what's the difference?

Philip,

I can't tell you if the NEC has fully adjustable RGB guns or not but you can go look at the monitor at the local CompUSA or download the manual from NEC and read it. This is all you really need to get the most out of any monitor and the ColorVison Spyder PRO calibration anbd profiling system. I use it on several systems here with CRT and LCD monitors and it works great!

The software IS the product and makes all the difference. The Spyder is the same in all of the current ColorVision products AFAIK. There used to be two different Spyders but this changed with the update to LCD compatability some time ago. I'm using the Spyder Pro and OptiCal and have tested it with the basic program that was bundled with it called PhotoCal. The difference is that an OptiCal calibration and profile run is slightly more complex to perform than the PhotoCal version. This extra time pays off big time in accuracy and the time between calibrations. The differences in profiles are subtle but noticable on paper output from my Epson 1280 and 2200 inkjets. BUT I can go longer between calibrations using OptiCal vs. PhotoCal before the color match degrades so OptiCal is actually a time saver and a better solution overall if you are committed to the highest quality color fidelity for your output prints or screen images.

HTH

I've got a brand new FE771SB and one that is also fairly new but has some slight imperfections in the screen coating (I use it for pallets). Yes, you can calibrate them with the spyder and adjust the guns individually.

I'll make you a super deal.

Email me if you're interested ---> bass4hire@aol.com.

I'm switching to one Lacie 22 instead of the two 17's

Kurt