Just be curious: where does the name "Texas Leica" come from?

sliu

Our president, George Bush Jr. is from Texas and pretty much everything he does he does in a Big way, today he fell of his bicycle and fell on his face, got all scraped up, yesterday he said it time for the Iraqi people to the the training wheels off, big irony, big mistakes, big problems, think Texas, think big.

My GW690III is one of my favorite cameras, sharp simple solid and very sharp.

The "Texas-Leica" thing always reminds me of a joke from where I live. It's not too far from where they filmed "Local Hero".

Good Texan boy is staying with a local farmer, every chance he gets he's telling the old boy how much bigger everything is back home. After breakfast one morning he's spouting forth on how back home, after his grits and hash browns (whatever they are), he gets in his car and he drives and he drives and he drives and no matter long he drives, he's still not left the family farm.

Our hero, the canny old farmer, looks him dead in the eye and says "Aye, we used to have a car like that."

You're all on the right track (except the foreign dolt hiding behind American military protection and American financial support bashing our President. That's an American right, you foreigners bash your own leaders--if you have the freedom to do so without being put in front of a firing squad).

Actually the Texans self-parodying running joke is that they always exaggerate about everything in Texas being bigger than anywhere else...like that Texas cockroaches are as big as rabbits, Texas rabbits are as big as dogs, Texas dogs as big as horses, etc. etc. So a Texas Leica is as big as...a Fuji GW690 or a Mamiya 7.