Tiny subjects

jarrod_harvey

Simple answer is, just insert an extention tube between your camera body and the lens and you will be able to focus closer; thus do macro work!<br><br>

Its not going to be very easy to learn how to do that successfully, as you need to learn how to focus manually, calculate exposure, decide the best lighting, use of a tripod, which film etc etc.

If you want more detailed answers just enter <b>macro</b> in the top right <b>search</b> box on this page and hit enter, you will get hundreds of previous threads!.

Good Luck!

There is no problem with using an extension tube and the included meter, if you use one which will withelectric connections. Focusing manually is normal with macro. I use an extension tube and sometimes a Nikon 5 or 6T close up. YOu can get great quality that way easily. I would suggest you get an external flash and use a "butterfly" mount for it. The results should amaze you. A friend who takes world class underwater photos uses an N50. It will do good things for you. For macro wih my lightweight system, I use an extension tube with a 70-300 Nikon lens. The greater working distance helps,since you can use the on camera flash without shadowing due tothe lens. With that , a full power flash will be better, though. The decision is based on your desired results and your budget. My recommendation is for a lower cost and lighter weight. There are macro lenses at 60mm, 90mm, 105mm, 200mm and others.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Narendra, you are right about extension tubes and close up diopters, however, if the poster wants to use flash, there will be a partial blocking if he uses the pop up flash on the camera, depending on the distance from the subject, the closer, the more of the subject is blocked. That is the logical reason for including comments on external flash and either hand holding it or using some type of bracket. The information is useful, even if not acted on immediately.Get real.