Looking for inexpensive flash meter; maybe the Paterson Interfit INT410?

<p>A while ago my Father retired all of his studio gear due to a back injury and, as a

result, moved to lightweight portable equipment. Since everything was just collecting dust,

I inherited his whole lighting kit which consisted of a bunch of White Lightning X1600,

X3200, and UZ1600 monolights and accessories. He held onto his meters and Radio

Slaves, though.</p>

<p>So, I'm now on the lookout for an extremely inexpensive flash meter for amateur

digital studio use. Basically, just something to give me a starting point for exposure so I

can fine tune by eye using a histogram or previewing on my Powerbook. I was looking into

the <a href="http://www.patersonphotographic.com/lighting/accessor.html">Paterson

Interfit INT410</a> flash meter, but can't find any reviews or detailed information on the

unit. I don't need anything fancy since the extent of my strobe photography will entail

photographing random miscellanea for Web sites.</p>

<p>I'll be going hotshoe infrared to fire the White Lightnings, but I don't care if the flash

meter is wired.</p>

Just to clarify, due to budget constraints, I've pretty much already decided on the Interfit

unless someone gives me some horrible reason not to buy it, or recommends something

better in the same price range. Having the White Lightnings is cool and all, but I can't

justify to the wife my free strobes turning into a $500 expense. ;)

I don't know anything about that one, but my venerable Minolta Flashmeter III purchased for around $100 used continues to soldier on. Check KEH for this and other good flashmeters from Minolta and Sekonic.

Gossen just came out with a flash version of its ultra-compact Digisix called the Digiflash, and it's pretty inexpensive. I like the Digisix, which I bought for casual use with various old folding cameras, so I would guess the Digiflash would be a good bet.

I've got the Interfit and it was off by a stop or so under f4 if I remember right. Otherwise plus or minus 1/2 stop compared to my Sekonic.

Since you're shooting digital, why not just take a few shots to find the exposure? I find that easier. Especially if you want to save money. Let me know if you're interested in a used one...

If you're going to use the meter to set strobe ratios and check the set, I'd recommend skipping this one and getting a used Minolta or Sekonic.