3rd party tilt-shift lenses?

bruce_hamm

Is anyone aware of tilt-shift lenses ever being made by 3rd party

manufacturers? Specifically, I use the Olympus OM system and while

there are Zuiko shift lenses available, I'm interested in the tilt

capability. So, are you aware of such a lens available in t-mount or

adaptall?

Thanks

I think there may be a Ukrainian one in M42, but I haven't found too many of the (former) Soviet and East European lenses very satisfying.

Schneider made a high-end shift lens in a few different mounts at one time, but I doubt they made it for Olympus.

Your best bet might just be to look at a used Canon FD 35mm PC lens (around $650) and pick up a used FD compatible body like an AE-1 or an EF or FTb for around $125-175 (or a fancier body for considerably more).

I have no experience with this company, but you might want to look here:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/fotowiese/top_5.htm

M. R. Wiese Fototechnik Sonderanfertigungen Reparaturen, Winsbergring 36a, 040/ 850 34 90 , D-22525 Hamburg, Fax: 040/ 851 12 21, e-mail: fotowiese@compuserve.com

For OM, a 35/2.8 shift/TILT is advertised as DEM 890 which includes a 20% VAT, so you are looking around $310 plus S/H.

Thanks a lot for the information Konrad, David, Jos, and Yuri. I'll give one of these a try and see how it works out. Or, better yet, maybe its about time that I try to convince my wife that I should venture into 4x5 format:) Seriously though, thanks again for your help.

Bruce

• 5 months later...