MF Backs or Cameras which allow rewinding?

maurice_bryant

I don't know of any camera in any format where multiple exposure involves rewinding the film. Different cameras will do this in different ways. One way with a removable back is to take the first exposure, remove the back, cock the shutter, replace the back, and take the second exposure (lather, rinse, repeat).

A little more detail:

I am trying to think of ways to make my own 35mm back to put

onto a MF camera, say an RB 67, and hopefully save the cash

that it would cost to buy a camera AND an expensive back. I was

thinking that if the film could be re-wound, I would just have to

make a mask, and maybe part of a spool to hold the 35mm

canister in place.

If your planning on using 35mm film then you will be better off using it in a decent 35mm camera. Why have all that MF camera,lens, finder etc when your only using 1/3 of the image coming thru the lens. Kinda like having a Cadilac with a VW engine. Can be made to work but it wont go very fast.

If you really wanta use 35mm in a MF then get a 35mm back.

?? Mask your viewfinder or get an architectural screen to give you the proportions of a 35mm film view. Creating a back is a waste of money and time. You might want to try a darkslide that is cut on one side for a 1/2 horizontal frame exposure. Turn it upside down in a 6x6 camera where you can double expose for the second shot. You will need a whole slide to take the back off. 6x4.5 is the same proportionally (1:1.5) as 35mm film.

• 12 years later...