How many of you are using an M-grip and why?

m_.

I use the M-grip because

(1) My hands are somewhat small and the M-grip is the perfect size, and

(2) I use it to make my M6 hang vertically. I use right eyelet for one end of my strap and attach the other end to the ring on the grip's attachment bolt. I find this arrangment much more preferable to attaching the strap conventionally--I hate how the strap gets in my face while shooting.

Wentong. Here's the bottom line. A grip might get you (1) more steadiness (equating to half or one stop), (2) nothing, or (3) less steadiness. A softie might get you one of the three. A grip and a softie might get you one of the three. Try one out, and depending on your hand/body ergonomics, you could get a positive experience or not. Endless surveys on this subject will only get you opinions, with the louder people calling the others idiots, and not subjective experience.

PS. I use GMP grips for the longer lenses, but don't miss it with a 35mm. Softies too. But not having either is not a reason to lose sleep. You can get GMP's at Rich Pinto's www.photovillage.com

Just get one and try it. It's not a bank breaker, as you can always sell it, and then you have answered your question.

Have you tried a softie (Abrahamsson) www.rapidwinder.com ?