Olympus 35rc any users?

Had one. Wish I'd kept it. Didn't seem quite as sharp as my Canonet but it was still very good. Smaller and lighter too. As I recall the metering system was more convenient than the Canonet's.

Not quite a perfect design. The self timer lever is a bit prone to damage, from snagging on clothing, etc., or being mistakenly flipped upward rather than downward to set it. The focus ring on mine and others I've seen seemed slippery and lacking in damping or feel.

Nitpicking, really. It was a good little camera.

Great little camera. Unless someone else has done it, you will likely need to replace the light seal on the back of the camera. Took me a couple tries to get it right. Use a generous amount of fairly thick adhesive-backed foam.<div>007tme-17401884.jpg.8970825c33668f22f925087b23c9f2ac.jpg</div>

You can buy small sheets of adhesive backed foam from Wal Mart and cut to size.

I have had two 35 RC's and while they worked well they weren't comfortable in my hands. Also I kept snagging the rewind lever on whatever case or pocket I was using. While they take great pictures and have more control I sold them and hung onto one 35ED which handles better for me.

Thanks, My light seals are not sticky or flaky yet so I will wait

on that repair. I have done my Yashica GSN so maybe it wont be too

bad. Today I picked up a Sunpak 1600A flash that is about the

size of a pack of cigarettes with 2 auto modes and one manual mode.

Has a bounce head on it too! Maybe I can try the Flashmatic mode

setting the GN to 50 I think it is for this camera...

Flash looks the perfect size sitting on the 35RC. My big Vivitar

283 would crush it!

Rob

If the lens adjustment is as loose as Les mentioned, then the helicoid needs to be regreased. A light film of Hi-Vac silicone grease will last many years to come.

A final note: the RC has a bit too much metal and bulk to be pocketable. Lowe has a nifty belt pouch, which I believe is called a Lowepro Z5, that fit the 35RC perfectly.

Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX

Damn you guys! Mine was won on a internet auction today, under bizzare cirumstances, should be here in a couple of days. I've got 12 various makes of fixed lens rangefinders now, all functioing well with new seals except for the two dead cameras. I will post something soon.