Comprehensive MF lens tests

Nowhere. www.photodo.com is perhaps as close as you'll come (click on "Products" > "Medium-Format lenses" > "Only MTF tested")

But photodo has tested only about 39 out of hundreds of medium-format lenses, so it's hardly a "comprehensive listing."

Why isn't there a web site like you're looking for? Well, testing dozens (or hundreds) of lenses scientifically is tremendously expensive (and who's willing to pay for objective tests? manufacturers and advertisers certainly won't risk it) and quite thankless (everyone takes issue with your findings--and understandably so, because lenses can vary greatly from sample to sample).

Enrico and John,

I was looking around for this kind of information (call me anal but I like the technical aspects of photography) the best link I found for MF was on Robert Monaghan's excellent site:

http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/mtf.html

Don't get too bogged down in the figures - but it's interesting to see how lenses compare (i.e. you can identify an obvious lemon without going near it)

Cheers

Thanks to all friends who contributed with useful suggestions.

I own a Mamiya RZ outfit with 50 (non ULD), 90, 180 and 360 and I was seeking for some more technical lenses evaluation to compare with my personal and very subjective feeling about all glasses; unfortunately only 180 has a MTF test.

Enrico Pocopagni