Pantax 6x7

robby_sandrock

Today I got a Pentax 6x7 with a lightmeter for free! It is stil in

its original box and in mint condition. the serial no. of the camera

is 4050615. Can anybody out there please tell me when this camera was

manufactured? The serial no. of the prism/lightmeter is 515364. All

help on the above would be appreciated. No it is not for sale now!

Robby,

You probably want to post this message in the Pentax 67 users group rather than the Pentax 35mm group. I personally shoot with a Pentax 67 but can't answer your question. I certainly wish though that someone had offered me the camera for free!

I can generalize about these cameras; don't bet the farm with any of this. The oldest version the one with knobs and no mirror lockup was introduced in the late 1960s, the second that has '6X7' was introduced in the early 1970s, the version after that has 67 on it and I believe it was introduced in the early 1980s or late 1970s(?). The 67 was finally discontinued with the 67II which was introduced just a few years ago.

Mine is about 6000 numbers newer than yours, and I bought it used in 1976. It does not have the mirror lockup control on the right side of the mirror housing, and I daresay yours doesn't either. It's amazing to consider a 30-year-old camera still in mint condition in the original box. Just due to age, I'd suggest it should get a full clean/lube/adjust service, and new light-seal foam for the back. These are great cameras, so I expect you'll come to like it a lot!<div>006rUn-15824784.jpg.d8aa08f69d7c9ccffb7c6bebae77e26e.jpg</div>