Noritsu QSS 3011

We have a new Eckerd that has just opened and they are sporting the

Noritsu QSS 3011. I've always had GREAT luck with Fuji's Frontier

printer when used with their own film. However, I don't know much

about the Nortisu mini-lab...Can anyone tell me what film(color neg)

seems to work best with this processor--from your experence. Fuji? Kodak?

All Noritsu machines are designed to be used with Kodak products. As for what paper ends up going through one depends on the lab. One lab in our area uses the 3101 which is a good machine. I have also printed myself on a 2701. I prefer Kodak paper over Fuji regardless, so its a natural in these machines. In my lab we run the old analog 2102. As for negs there are channels set on these machines for either, but if using Kodak paper stick with Kodak film. I know of one lab that uses an old Noritsu strictly for B&W work and prints on B&W Agfa paper- it works well with some adjustment.

Correction- Ive printed on a 2802, not a 2701. But I use a lab that has a 2701. The 2701 has a problem with jagged lines, but the newer machines are fine. I would just take a roll to the Noritsu lab and one to your Frontier lab, and compare. The quality from Noritsu machines is very good.

• 4 months later...
I usually get Frontier prints but happened to get some Kodak hd 400 run on the Noritsu. The results were better than Frontier in terms of clarity, sharpness, color saturation etc. I have found cheapo Polaroid (agfa) 800 from Walmart and Kodak HD 400 both print much better on a Frontier than fuji 400 or 800. I got great prints back form Polaroid 800hd and horrible ones from fuji 800 extra on the same day, same frontier. I think I will be switching away from Frontier to Noriitsu 3011 and away from Fuji films as well. The other big thing for me is the Kodak and Polaroid HD's scan well on my Minolta Multi Pro and Fuji films including npz, 400 and 800 extra scan as horribly as they print on the frontier.