Format change

It seems the new format is a step backwards in my view. The trp

doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did before and the only

other change I see is a title bar, which does look better. For all

the things that have gone wrong with this simple change I really

question where the priorities rank here. So many other changes need

to take place with much higher priority than a simple switching of

labels.

Perhaps a trip to Microsoft tech help is needed.

Not much has gone wrong. Some people with old browsers, representing probably less that 3% of users, have some issues. Getting rid of the old menu bar may not seem like a big change but it was important. It was not only a drag on page load times but also significantly constrained the design and elasticity of the site since it had to be at a fixed position and width.

As for the TRP design, there were only two changes. One was to make it more elastic so that people can have the images 3-up, 4-up, 5-up, etc depending on the width of their browser window, instead of it being fixed at 3-up regardless of the size of the window. Almost everybody likes this change. If you prefer 3-up, then make your browser window narrow. The other TRP change was to make the background white instead of grey. I'm not committed to white. When it was grey, we got a lot of "input" to make it white. Before it was grey, it was white, and people used to request that it be grey. So now we are back to white for a while, and we will see.

The change on my browser looks great!

As far as the add's go, if they where not there, Brian would have to either charge more to members for services, or take services away!

As far as other changes needed, I think Brian is doing a great job here, and I know, I have had a few complaints of my own on here lately, but IM sure Brian and the others on the site staff, will eventualy figure out what works best in all of our interests!

Keep up the good job Brian!

I really enjoy this site more than any other on the net, so much, I find myself here durring almost all of my spare time!

Just one thing I would like to sujest is, the Photo.net banner, I think it would have looked neet if the dot was a camera, the lens of the camera being the dot, that would have gave it caracture!

Ken.