w/nw: Do you know this man?

jongraham1

I love it! You've really caught the essence of the real Al Kaplan!

As for the button rewind M2, I first saw it with a guy (I'm bad remembering names, so I can't say who) who'd just got back to Miami from covering the Mexico City Olympics in 1968. He sold it to the first chick the Miami News ever hired as a photographer. She dropped it, delaminating the prism at the 1972 Democratic National Convention in Miami Beach and I bought it from her cheap! It sat on my Visoflex II-S for about 10 years, then I sent it for a badly needed CLA and got the prism replaced A few years ago I had Manfred at Dan's Camera Clinic here in Miami put M4 style flash sockets, and last year I put on new Cameraleather to replace what was left of the vulcanite. Maybe 25 years ago I put on the rewind crank which I picked up used, and it still had some chrome on it. I have an almost new hood waiting for this one to finish self-destructing, but I was on assignment one day and found this one laying on the ground already a bit misshapen.

Thanks, Jonathan. You made my day!

Can I make a small suggestion? I�m assuming most people have a 17� monitor running at 1024 by 768. I think that�s pretty �normal�. If one limits the height of their posts to 550 pixels, then one can see the entire image without scrolling up and down. Don�t mean to sound pissy about this, but scrolling up and down to see an image, well, sucks.<div>007TsD-16746584.jpg.a097097a8723e783fa7e1d7807d39338.jpg</div>